Friday 4 April 2014

The magic place

Labrīt no rīt'!
Where is Your magic place.Or do you have one?
Some time ago I wrote about this ----.> The land where the most beautiful girls come from.
We all love the place where we come from.
 It does not matter how bad the situation may be politically, the economy or whatsoever. It is the place where You are born--- Your Roots.


 But to name a magic land is....not the same as the place where You grow up , what I am talking is this ------> Nop not in English but You are allowed to have a glance.
 Don't tune off, this time, I want to show You a place where  is my home, a place You may not know
A place that is called- the Drop of Honey.
Welcome to Saldus!

photo by Harald Filipov

 I am not going to give You a geography lesson. No one has time for it :) But just allow me to paint a Picture- We are located in Kurland--->
And the Population is about 13'k.
So Yeah, we know each other. Therefore the saying - I know somebody who knows somebody is on a totally new level.

But I want to paint a portrait which is not too beautiful, too much of a marketing or unreal . Just want to show where I come from. the real thing .




 We are small, but we are strong. We have developed in the past years.

photo by Harald Filipov
You know when You live somewhere for quite a Time You just get tired of it right? (Except Hawaii, who can get tired of that?)  For me and I know that almost 70% of the Youngsters it was the same. Till You go out!And for most of us we understand- God how could I be so mean to may city? I would give everything to be there now. 

It is not just being home sick 

It is the aura

The feelings 

the Commitments, 

photo by Harald Filipov
All the "1st" times
The smell of the streets when You comeback by sunset in the morning.
The Kids playing in the fountain.
The timber-shiver-magic feeling passing by Lake Saldus with a bus in the evening, day or morning
The moment when all the concerts start!
When we celebrate our city
the small streets which are not perfect.
There are so many places where You can Hide
Where You can find someone to be with

It is the Right place to fall in love!

Eat Honey. Play Flor-ball, learn how to skate , draw, do community jobs
photo by Harald Filipov
Help the Community
It is My city- where the teachers will care for You as a person.
Where You can go to the market and come back with a smile on Your face

Where You can reach every point in just 20 min walk time.

photo by Harald Filipov
It is green there, it is peace full, It can be loud there it can be magical there !
and You will always feel welcomed there!

If Latvia is the place of a BEAR-Slayer" then here lives his legacy.

And here is a place of opportunities. Just You have to help to build them, I know I will do so.
And there is so much more to enjoy and tell
Here is the point where actually I would like to say " kiss and tell". 


I really hope you enjoyed this small post of a

photo by Harald Filipov
person who is so home sick, and I gave You the small feeling of what it is like here in Saldus and Hope You may come and visit us!

AND You see all the Pictures? They all(except one) where made by a very talented Person named Harald Filipov (latvian Haralds Fiļipovs). also he is from Saldus and agreed to share some of his work with me so we could show it to You.

Feel free to visit him on If You don't understand this language , use chrome, it will translate or https://www.facebook.com/haraldsfil. If you have a need of a picture or session he will surely make You the perfect ones!

photo by Harald Filipov

photo by Harald Filipov
photo by Harald Filipov


I hope You enjoyed it- and hope I made some people home sick
Under here is also our anthem
Enjoy

photo by Harald Filipov



Click here---->Here is a video made by me, just scroll down, remember- I was still learning how to make those :)



No comments: