Sunday 6 April 2014

what are the pros and cons of being a linguist

what are the pros and cons of being a linguist?

Common' good jobs, easy to travel, make friends, where could be the cons?

Well there are if the linguistic part is a talent not a bachelor degree .
Hey Grützi!
Here is a insider of me
I am considered as having a talent ....
not painting,
God forbid singing (I sound like a zebra that is being chewed by a crocodile and during he process of calling for help chocked on a mosquito yup, that would be me :D )
same as dance-
 
Too bad for my African husband and son who seems like have a natural beat in em.











I have a talent that is ..... para-pa pa pa paaaaaaaaaaahhh, the ability to learn languages in quite a short time and basically without effort + use them all together and being able to hold a conversation while translating real time .

For now there are 4 Languages where I am fluent , 2 (that kinda seems more like dialects) in a normal speech level and 2 more that I am learning, but  because there are no one with who to practice it kinda slowed down a bit .
 Want to know what are my languages?- Fluent- Latvian (No it is not actually my native language ) , German (my second language) Russian (Here this is a shocker, this is my native) and of course English , the others are Swiss-German, Pidgin - English , but worst are - French , and Igbo(Yeah I blame You my husband :D And I will tell this to Our Mommy :D )
Most would say- Cool- impressive or You damn liar attention slore (for those let me say - You MUMU!I don' care for Your beef :D)
But there are disadvantages. Or cons or annoying side effects. Due to that that most people like me learn them just from hearing we find it quite difficult to write and understand grammatical laws. We use the language correctly but deamn we bad when we have to write an essay :D Don't believe me? You are reading my blog so You actually feel it. It curves Your nerve Bones! ask my Latvian teacher She will tell you the story of a writer who can writ amazing poems about everything but when you look into her paper
My teacher did this every time she took my paper
But that is not so bad. If You don't have to write letters, essays ,communicate....
But there are also funny bloopers what I know my cousin and  me share (he is quite similar to me just he is an incredible visual artist and sportsman and tattoo artist , and now by writing this i am thinking if we really are related. :D but I believe we are because when we are together it is like this------->
I love Ya'
)

So the funny part is - When normal people talk and they are so excited about that what they want to say is  that may stutter a bit and use a synonym of a word
"If You would see the awesome sss-suuun- sunside when the sun went down'' . What do we do ? we don't just use a synonym, we use all the words we know from the other languages and we change them to the language in which we talk so that it blend in and we are then like this
" If You would see the ekstremāli schoenen reluire schön solnechnij sun thingy kaut kas.
 
Hope no one noticed it
But mostly they do and we get these expressions
cute until you need to be in front of other people and have to impress them. Like Job interviews , cute other gender/same gender crush ... Make a point.... soooooo
A linguist gets some cons also in the moment when You bet something and the source that can prove You are right is written in a language no one else understands (so now I know before I do a bet I better find Out in which language I read that ) and not just bets, there are also school university, Kindergarten..... Yup happened a lot to me .
But yeah there are a lot of bonuses,
Get rid of beggars- Sadly found out they know languages too.
Get rid of telemarketers (sweet irony)
Get rid of unpleasant people
Talk dirty in public and so on
But my favorite is - the amount of information You can get . It is not just more precise but also more relay able :)
Hmm yeah this was a tiny small inside of my life. communicating problems, ahh ok  ...
and Yeah If You are Igbo and have some materials for me that would make me+ happy so (Imela in advance)
Danke für Deine Zeit hier
Merci pour votre temps


Oh and yeah I bet I Forgot something but If I remember I will come back
A happy little red Sarkan shopachka,


No comments: